When fasting, I reflect more on God, but I also reflect on myself. My prayer is that God make the changes He needs to make in me so that I will be able to make a change or a difference in the world. I realize my gifts and talents are not just for me to enjoy, but to be shared with the world. I refuse to just sit on what God has given me. Last year I promised myself that I would not waste my gifts and talents, but would put my gift for singing, compassion and encouraging others in action. When God assigned me to sing in the subway last summer, I discovered just how many hurt, disappointed and lonely people there are with no one to care. It became more than just a way to work my chops, but I found myself ministering to individuals more and more. In fact, there are those who seem to depend on me being there. I praise God for setting me free from sin so that I can lead others to Him.
It's never too late to go after and pursue you dreams. Currently, I am working on a recording project because it has been my dream. When you seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness, He will add blessings to your life. I will remember the past, but I will keep my sight on the prize God has for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment