Each day I find myself wanting to know more
about the plans God has for my life. Sometimes we think we know what God wants
for us, but when the enemy puts wrong thoughts in our minds, we go off course
or get confused about His plans. Firstly, of course, being in His will is His
plan. Nevertheless, since I have been fasting and praying, I have the desire to
know more about how and why I make the decisions the way I do. I want to make
sure that I make the right decisions at the right time based on Biblical principles.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says there is a time and a place for everything on this earth,
and everything is done in seasons.
Whenever seasons change, my attitude and
perspective about life changes – either for the positive or the negative. The
term, season, has several meanings. It can mean a suitable time or occasion, an
indefinite period of time, or it could mean the time of year. The season of spring is new beginnings, a sense of
freshness and hope. Summer (although
many of us plan fun trips or make plans to relax) it is really the time for
labor and planting. Fall is the time
to harvest so we can prepare to see growth. Winter is the time for rest, sometimes the death of something that
has come to an end, or it could mean reaping.
Just as seasons have a menaing in the natural, we must be aware of the meanings in the spiritual. Aside from the cold weather, I guess I understand why winter is my least favorite season of all. I have many times found myself wanting to hold onto irrelevant things in my life during this season, rather than letting them go. Another reason is that although I know I will reap the harvest and that abundant blessings will come, they are not yet manisfested. I have for many years, even as a child, heard the saying, “you will reap what you sow,” it was always in the negative connotation, not the positive. I’m grateful that I have become more knowledgeable of the reaping and sowing principle in God’s word. Just as a plant sometimes needs to rest from water or new soil in order to grow, in the winter we need to rest and prepare to look forward to the spiritual growth in us that is to come, especially at the end of a fast. When we fast and pray, we are resting more on His word, and trusting in God more than in the past so that we may hear directly, or indirectly, from Him. I no longer take the change in seasons lightly, for each one comes with direction and instructions
No comments:
Post a Comment