Last night I prayed that God would forgive me.
I have not been reading or studying His word for many, many months now. I have
been so caught up in searching for a new place to live that I forgot to allow
God to have a say in the matter. I have been feeling sorry for myself and
wallowing in self-absorption. I’ve been trying to get satisfaction by watching
television, especially Reality TV.
Now that’s a switch. Since when have I been
so concerned about what other people are doing in their lives that I cannot
work on getting my own spiritual life together. So last night I prayed that God would
forgive me and I promised that I would work on my being more discipline about
reading His Word more often than I have.
My prayer (since the close of last year) has been that God make me more kind and gentle toward my neighbors, even my enemies. As a matter of fact, regarding the latter, since praying for the one person who has caused me much grief last year, I found the relationship to be tolerable now. In fact, it may be considered one of ministry for me. Now don't tell me God doesn't answer prayers!
It’s a bit harder today. My body seems tired. I’m feeling pangs of hunger more. Good news….I have been more reading the Word more frequently today.
It’s a bit harder today. My body seems tired. I’m feeling pangs of hunger more. Good news….I have been more reading the Word more frequently today.
No comments:
Post a Comment